After years of complaining about the noise from the bars and restaurants along Isabella Street ,and a long and tedious investigations from the council ,it was agreed that the bars were causing a nuisance and there was a need for the council to review their licenses. as a result additional conditions were added to the bars’ License Agreement. Here are some of the key changes:
- all doors, concertina doors and windows shall remain closed (except for access or egress).
- That any background music played shall remain at a volume that permits normal conversation and that the volume control of any music is behind the bar/counter and is in the full control of staff at all times.
- That two SIA officer be employed, to monitor and control the behaviour and dispersal of patrons leaving the premises between 22:00- 00:30 on Thursdays, and 20:00 – 01:00 on Friday and Saturday nights
- That the use of the external frontage area, except for smoking, shall cease at 22:00 which point all patrons will be instructed to move indoors.
- That at 22:00, the external terrace canopy shall be deployed to cover the designated smoking area.
- That there shall be no drinks permitted to be taken outside after 22:00.
- That there shall be no drinks permitted to be taken beyond the boundary of external frontage area at any time.
- That after 22:00, customers permitted to temporarily leave and then re-enter the premises to smoke must be restricted to No more than 10 customers in the designated smoking area at any one time.